Friday, December 27, 2013

I've got a special treat for you today.

I've been working pretty hard on trying to find a way to make full art cards look even sweeter. When I came up with this method for blending the existing template into the art I wasn't sure it would work. When I printed my first test it blew my mind. Here's my first attempt:
I think there is a lot of room for improvement but as you can see in general the tech looks pretty sweet. 
Here's my second attempt: 

I love how I can play around with making the original template transparent! Stay tuned. I'm pretty excited to explore this style of full art and see what else I can come up with. I love this style because I can use the original text of the card. The truth is no commercial printers (laser jet or inkjet) can print text as well as offset lithography. Inkjet images are actually higher quality than offset lithography so here we get the best of both worlds! These are some stunning stunning cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment